I was writing an article for work when I came across this method of goal setting – it’s called 3-2-1 goals (from this website if anyone’s interested). Instead of making long, vague lists, you open a document and fill out the headings.
Here’s how mine turned out…I’d be interested to know what yours are!
3 greatest accomplishments (in 2011)
– Graduating university with a double degree a year early
– Marrying the love of my life (and moving house three times!)
– Landing a fantastic job that is exactly the right fit for what I’ve studied
3 areas where I can improve
– Be more focused at work – don’t get distracted so easily
– Think before I speak – in all areas!
– Put others ahead of myself (especially in marriage!)
3 personal goals
– Lose 8 kgs and weigh 57 kgs at the end of 2012 – I will continue to watch my food intake with Weight Watchers, I will commit to going to the gym 3x a week in the morning before work.
– Keep my life un-cluttered – give away things that I haven’t used in a year to minimise the pain of moving house again!
– Form some great friendships with other couples that will be there for us – don’t just spend Friday and Saturday nights in front of the 50-inch plasma TV!
2 work-related goals
– Earn (xx amount – can’t publish that!) for our business and publish the Build Your Life book.
– Improve our advertising and image so that people have heard of us – use the book to boost our image locally.
2 things I need from my boss
– Efficiency so that we can keep clients happy
– Continued collaboration on the book and other efforts!
1 thing I am looking forward to in 2012
– Seeing actual clients get actual results – being in a position to help people is just so rewarding!